On October 8, the day before World Hospice and Palliative Care Day, the Worldwide Hospice Palliative Care Alliance and the International Children’s Palliative Care Network published a new report: “Leave no one behind: Equity in access to palliative care.”
The report looks at the current situation in palliative care inequities both across and within countries. The report looks at the current evidence on palliative care inequity, provides some examples of where inequities are being addressed and looks forward to what more is needed.
Read it below:
- Implementing World Health Assembly Resolution on Palliative Care (who.int)
- WHO takes steps to address glaring shortage of quality palliative care services
- Equity in Access to Palliative Care Report 2021 (thewhpca.org)
- WHO Launches New Report on Assessing the development of palliative care worldwide: a set of actionable indicators (thewhpca.org)
- WHO calls for better palliative care world-wide – BioEdge