On Wednesday January 19, a bill allowing medical aid in dying passed a Democrat-led House-committee in Delaware. This paves the way for possible consideration by the full House.
The bill is the latest iteration of legislation that has been repeatedly introduced by Newark Democrat Paul Baumbach since 2015 but which has never received a floor vote.
- Assisted suicide bill narrowly clears Delaware House panel | AP News
- Commentary: People with disabilities have diverse opinions on end-of-life care | Bay to Bay News
- Being disabled does not mean death is better than life: Oppose aid-in-dying | Opinion (yahoo.com)
- Medically assisted suicide bill introduced by state lawmakers (delawarepublic.org)
- Delaware | Death With Dignity